Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the beginning

So here i am...another blog. Why? As you may or may not know, i was made redundant in July 2009. i ended up moving back to the Midwest and in with my parents as i couldn't afford my Baltimore rent on unemployment. i am now considering grad school in London for the 2010/2011 term, because i haven't had any luck in my attempts to secure a job. As such, one of the things that i needed to figure out is what to do with all my stuff.

Besides a couple of suitcases full of clothes and books that i have been using the past 9 months, all my other earthly possessions have been locked in a pod halfway across the country. i left them in Baltimore intentionally because i always intended to move back to the East coast and moving items back and forth across the country is not an easy nor inexpensive endeavor. (i have already done the cross country moving van thing once when i first moved from Kansas to Baltimore, and i don't plan on every doing that ever again, in any direction!!) Anyways, after much thought and hesitation, i have decided to simply rid myself of all my things, because i can't afford to store them any longer. Also, if i haven't used any of these things for 9 months, are they really necessary to keep?

Hence the beginning of this blog. i plan to use this space to document my experience (ie. how do i plan on getting rid of all this stuff, does it work, how i am feeling about letting go, etc.) as well as a space to refer potential buyers to view pictures and lists of items for sale. i have been searching the internet for advice in articles and blogs and i suppose this will be somewhat of a summary of my findings and a first hand account of my individual experience. Thanks for reading. I hope that you might find some entertainment, things you would like to buy, and/ or useful information in all this. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's very rude of you to sell all your stuff at a time when I have no money to buy any of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete